Control Systems Engineer II
Avanti Control Systems continues to grow and respond to the increasing demand of automation process control; we need to add talent to our team of outstanding professionals. We are currently seeking a Controls Systems Engineer to join our team of experienced professionals. We provide a full array of services to our clients such as system design, custom installation, 24/7 technical support, and remote system monitoring. We are committed to being the preferred system integration partner for our expanding municipal and industrial customer base. We are currently seeking an experienced field service Lead Control Systems Engineer with 3 to 5 years of experience in the design and deployment of PLC/SCADA/Historian applications for the process control systems primarily in municipal and industrial industries. These detail-oriented positions will be integral parts of our service group and project implementation team responsible for leading and coordinating the installation, start-up, and troubleshooting of PLC based control systems. Qualified candidates will also provide field service, repairs, and preventative maintenance procedures process control systems including controllers, networks and peripheral devices. Candidate must be willing to travel since frequent visits to customer sites are mandatory Qualified Candidates shall have extensive experience in one or more of the following skills:
- 3 to 5 years working with and programming automated equipment including VFDs and other programmable controllers.
- Extensive experience in programming of one or more of the following PLC platforms: Allen Bradley, Modicon, GE Fanuc, Automation Direct and Siemens.
- Hands-on experience with electrical panel, design, build and troubleshooting; including field installation of building automation systems equipment, process instrumentation and analytical equipment.
- Experience in hardware and software design development for process control-based applications.
- Experience in programming one or more of the following SCADA packages: RSView SE,ME Wonderware, iFix and Cimplicity
- Expertise in the development and deployment of Wonderware System Platform package is required.
- Experience with information technology infrastructure components as they relate to industrial automation systems.
- Experience working in Water-Waste Water Plant, Industrial, Chemical, Oil and Gas Pharmaceutical Plants,
- Experience in using AutoCAD to develop PLC/BAS control panel layouts and point-to-point wiring diagrams.
- Experience in third-party communication protocol, M odbus, LON, Ethernet IP,Siemens P2, BACNET, or other communication protocols.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong hands-on mechanical and electrical aptitude to understand and troubleshoot the machinery and respective control systems.
- Previous field engineering experience a plus.
- The ability to work independently as well as on a project team.
- Database Configuration and reports (Historians, SQL, and others)
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database managementsoftware.
- Experience in radio telemetry systems
- Some travel required
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Chemical, or Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
Two-year Associate of Science (AS) degree in Engineering Science with 5 years of experience
Two-year Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree in Electrical Technology with 5years of experience
Job Type: Full-time
SCADA Technician Job Responsibilities and Duties
A SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) Technician is responsible for operations and maintenance of the communication channels connecting servers or computers with remotely controlled equipment, as well as the equipment in the network. These systems are used to automate process and can be used to monitor and collect data on the remote devices. Generally, SCADA is used to refer to large-scale processes, with multiple devices and dispersed locations. SCADA is a subset of the broader category of Industrial Control Systems (ICS) and those which include the remote devices which utilize PLC (programmable logic controller) technology.
SCADA process control systems are widespread, used in much of the critical infrastructure of national and local production facilities, such as nuclear plants, water treatment and chemical manufacturing. They are also found in many industries, particularly manufacturing. The failure or outage of such systems can have catastrophic impacts, so their reliability, security and operational status are of the highest priority.
The Technician ensures the components of the control system are functioning properly, manages their settings and deploys the correct security protocols across the networks. This person performs a variety of technical tasks in support of the SCADA system to include setting up the systems, installing, maintaining and calibrating equipment. In cases of a failure anywhere in the system, they must respond rapidly to diagnose and execute repairs and shorten the downtime. Constant monitoring for performance and malware or other attacks against the infrastructure is necessary. They may also be asked to control access to the network.
The technician must be flexible in their work hours as they may be required to react on very short notice to a problem in the system. Although much of the work can be performed remotely, most jobs will require traveling to one of the sites for installation or repair.
- Maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Ensure best practices in safety, adheres to customers safety policies, schedules proper orientations with customers as required
- Designs, Installs, programs, Provide start-up and commissioning at customer site and also troubleshoots and repairs automation related equipment, like SCADA , programmable controllers, Operator Interfaces, VFD’s, Instrumentation process equipment and more, applying knowledge of electronics, electrical circuits, mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, and also programming, using power tools, hand tools, and also testing instruments following manuals, schematic diagrams, and also blueprints
- Receive, install software, updates, configure and calibrate equipment, servers, networks and other components for new and existing customers.
- Conduct maintenance and upgrades.
- Monitor data communications.
- Respond quickly to system emergencies.
- Troubleshoot PLC circuit and system faults.
- Set up firewalls and ensure security of the SCADA system components from outside attacks.
- Use-test and troubleshoot equipment and software to diagnose and repair malfunctions.
- Set and monitor alarm functions.
- Calibrate test equipment.
- Manage access to the system.
- Manage inventory of equipment and software.
- Maintain all license and support contract documentation.
- Comply with all accepted change control procedures.
- Understand and comply with applicable federal and state regulatory agency reporting and documentation requirements.
- Reviews work order plus related manuals, blueprints plus schematic diagrams to define tasks to be performed tools, equipment plus parts needed for installation of repair assignment
- Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of- the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Tests electrical components, like wiring, switches, and also relays, using testing instruments, and also replaces faulty components, using hand tools.
- Provide start-up, operating and maintenance training for customer.
- Provide customers with telephone support for start-up or trouble shooting
- Address customer enquiries, resolve issues and obtain customer feedbacks proactively
- Maintain positive and healthy relationship with ACS customers
- Works overtime as need while at customer’s facility to get their systems up and running quickly and safely as possible. All overtime is approved by customers
- Maintains service, expense, maintenance reports for ACS and customers.
- Assistance in engineering such as, panel fabrication, programming, CAD design etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Avanti Control Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the our policy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Please send resumes to email@example.com